Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Schwartz[_2_] Tim Schwartz[_2_] is offline

Default Does Samsung QLED suck?

On 7/4/2018 9:27 AM, root wrote:
Four year old Samsung 60" UHD QLED tv cannot be repaired.
The problem is lines of dead pixels across screen. Samsung
repair center says the display has to be replaced which
would cost $1400.

The tv was top-of-the line 3D 240Hz and cost $3300.

Is this representative of Samsung?

It is not representative of Samsung, it is representative of the
technology. However, this is often the case with TV's. I remember 30
years ago pricing a replacement CRT for a 19 inch Sony Trinitron.
Dealer cost was around $325, at a time when you could buy a new 19" Sony
for $299.

While it is disappointing that it failed in 4 years, that it is not
worth buying the part does not surprise me.

Regards,
Tim
Bristol Electronics