Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default smoke alarm with montoring delay

On 7/4/2018 12:03 PM, micky wrote:

But lightning** is not what
I'm worried about. It's my cooking. In the past I've set the smoke
alarm off maybe 10 times in the last 15 years, so I expect to do it
again. However in the past, I had no monitoring, just the smoke alarm,
so if it buzzed, I'd go upstairs and wave a magazine undeneath it until
it stopped. And that was the end of it for a year or two.

What do other people do?

Mine is not monitored. It has a button to push and it stops it for
about 10 minutes or so. Perhaps you can change the device?

I set it off at least twice a month if I forget to turn on the vent over
the range.