Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Proportion of water to mortar and concrete mixes

On 02/07/2018 16:38, Tricky Dicky wrote:
The instructions with my concrete mixer recommend adding the water first to prevent the aggregate sticking to the sides of the drum. The trouble is I have ended up with some sloppy mixes particularly small mortar mixes and although I have added more aggregate to get the mix right I have ended up with more mix than I needed. I have not been able to find any info on the proportions of water, I know it can vary due to how wet the sand is already but a ball park figure would help?

You read the instructions??? Good God man. What's wrong with you? ;-)

I would say Jim has it about right. Add some water, less than you need
and add the rest later.

That's the way I have to do it.

--
Adam