Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Proportion of water to mortar and concrete mixes

The instructions with my concrete mixer recommend adding the water first to prevent the aggregate sticking to the sides of the drum. The trouble is I have ended up with some sloppy mixes particularly small mortar mixes and although I have added more aggregate to get the mix right I have ended up with more mix than I needed. I have not been able to find any info on the proportions of water, I know it can vary due to how wet the sand is already but a ball park figure would help?

Richard