Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_18_] Danny D.[_18_] is offline

Default How to debug why my water pressure is zero after the tanks ran dry (and were refilled)?

On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 07:09:36 -0700 (PDT), trader_4 wrote:

You need to follow the voltage.

Sorry I haven't reported back on the home-repair solution!

I solved it as advised by following the voltage back from the jet pump to
the breaker to a solenoid to the tank into the tank to the float, which was
the problem. The tank-full/tank-empty float switch was stuck in the
tank-empty position.

There are 4 related boxes for the well operation:
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_well01.jpg

The middle two are relays that turn different motors on:
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_well02.jpg

Apparently the L2 was not turning the jet pump on:
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_well03.jpg

Pushing with a stick proved the relay itself was working:
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_well04.jpg

Shorting the L2 in the relay proved the relay worked just fine.
The switch controlling L2 was stuck open.

Lifting the float out of the tank and putting it back in the tank solved
the problem.

Apparently, when the tank went dry, the float in the tank that tells the
jet pump that there is no water got stuck in the open position.

So we have water pressure again! Thanks.