Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Split aircon

On 30/06/2018 23:27, Cynic wrote:
I've been online reading up a bit about air conditioning after seeing a neighbour having it fitted. I notice some installation manuals stress the need for the pipework to be nitrogen purged and pressure tested then a full(ish) vacuum be drawn before introducing the refrigerant. Other sources don't seem to mention this. Is a small proportion of nitrogen in the system a serious defect and what would it's effect be during operation?

If you buy one of the pre-charged split units then you can skip all that ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.