Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Ozone generator for cigar room in home with pets

On 6/30/2018 11:57 AM, Dog Turd wrote:
On 6/29/2018 3:14 PM, Sticks702 wrote:
I have a cigar room in my home and am looking to run a smaller ozone
generator
in just that room to get rid of the tobacco smell (@ 15' X 10'). I
have cats
and dogs. Do I have to have them entirely out of the house to run an
ozone
generator in just that room?

The ozone generator will take care of the smell but what do you do about
that nasty taste?

Our son recently bought a house and had it fumigated to rid of cooking
smells. They did not use ozone as it is too destructive to fabrics and
carpeting.

Ozone is also tough on people. They said today is a high ozone day and
us old folks should be careful outside but I was outside and could not
smell it. Electrical storms or sparks through the air give that
noticeable odor. Better off to get some type of air purifier that
circulates the air through it.