Des Perado

Default Dog Crap on Front Yard

Yep! Those were the good old days when people handled their problems
themselves. No calling the Police, just give the perpetrator an ultimatum
and follow thru on it.
Thanks for a good post, Jim!
Des

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
On 2 Jan 2004 12:22:51 -0800, Banty wrote:

In article , Ken Hall says...

[snip]

Anybody think of any way to stop this? Is there something one can
sprinkle or spray on the yard that will repel the dogs?

Ken

Sucks, but this kind of thing is best approached by applying solutions

that are
in your control (yeah, people should grow up, or maybe the law should do
something about it, but don't hold your breath...)

Depending on where you are, change your front lawn to a gravel lawn (if

you're
in Arizona you'd know what I mean), or an ivy lawn. Alternatively,

consider a
nice thick privet hedge all around your front lawn. Or a picket fence.
Something to make your front yard inaccessible or useless for the purpose

of dog
pooping.

Cheers,
Banty

Years ago right here in Arizona I had a neighbor with a dog that was
fond of chasing my wife and daughter (no fences... this was 40 years
ago).

Went next door, told the neighbor, next time dog is in my yard, BANG!

Dog instantly was chained up ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |