Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Does a tyre change its CIRCUMFERENCE when underinflated?

On 29/06/18 19:16, Jeff wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Jeff wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:
I can drop the pressure back to 31 and measure the drop of the axle

Yes please.

centre of wheel vertically to ground, 320mm vs 315mm

Interesting, and a lot smaller than I would have thought.

So now you have blown up the proof that it must be the
circumference that is changing, because that change is
less than the 0.4% you saw the ABS wheel rotation rate
change by. You bugger :-(

No, in fact he has proved it can't be the radius change because 5 mm
in 320mm is *more* than 0.4%. It's around 1.5%.

Ergo it has to be the circumference change due to elasticity

Denial is fascinating to watch