Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default rechargeable small screwdriver

On 6/24/2018 12:26 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
looking for recommends for a small rechargeable screwdriver

My favorite is a 12 volt Bosch PS31. It's the perfect size for a
cabinet shop and all sorts of small assembly stuff. I actually have 3
of them. Bought two on sale for $99 with 2 batteries and charger, one
was an impact driver, so I have 3.

I also have a variety of 18 and 20 volt tail-less but seldom use them.

I had a B&D Versidrill long ago and they were terrible compared to these.

Small is good in a cabinet shop. Not the tool for screwing in a deck or
driving a 1000 1/2" lag bolts, but perfect for cabinet assembly,
appliance repair etc.

Bosch typically puts them on sale around Christmas in a package for $99.

have at least two of those rechargeable ones for homeowners and they
are long dead

cannot bring myself to toss them out just because those motors are
so good and torquie

but what to do with them

I had the B&D Versi-drill, chargers and about 5 batteries laying around
useless for years. As a bit of a hoarder, I hate throwing anything
away, particularly if it works. The drill worked, but batteries didn't.
I finally figured out the best use was filler for the garbage can and
tossed the lot.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com