Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Does a tyre change its CIRCUMFERENCE when underinflated?

On 28/06/2018 16:40, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , "dennis@home" wrote:

What I wouuld ask you is how a tyre, rotating at a differentent
rate from a wheel, so that its circumference does in fact get
covered on the ground by that rotaion, stays on the wheel without
ripping the tread off?

This "philosopher" hasn't ever noticed the tyre debris on the
roads where the tread has been ripped off.

Maybe he wants to explain why it happens to lorries with twin
wheels where only one tyre has gone flat but is being kept at
about the correct radius by the other wheel?

Ah, nice attempt at a shimmy there, Den. Our Dave would be proud of
you.

What you're in fact admitting is that the wheel and the tire *must*
rotate at the same rate, otherwise the tread would come off.

How dumb can you be to think that is what I said?
I said the exact opposite of what you chose to claim I said.

Are you TNP ?

TNP says (above) that having a wheel rotating at a different rate to
the tire is only possible if the tread rips off.

You point out how much tire debris there is around.

QED.

You are just hoping nobody bothers to think about what you claim.

TNP says if they rotate at different rates the treads fall off..
I say treads do fall of.
You think it means I amĀ* agreeing with TNP.

You are.

Just think for a second instead of parroting TNP..
The tread changes length when it hits the road so that bit of the tyre
is rotating at a different rate to the rest so yes tyres do rotate at
different rates to the wheel some bits at one rate some at another and
some at all the values in between.

And over a revolution, the rate must be the same, else the tread would
come off.

You are being obtuse to troll.
The above says the rate varies around the tyre, the average is one rev
of the tyre is one rev of the wheel. The distance covered will be the
average.
The average will change depending on the static load, the pressure and
the dynamic load.
The reason it changes is because the circumference changes when all
these forces are acting on it.

Now snip that to try and prove I said something else but remember
everyone else has already read it except for the idiots like TNP that
have killfiled me because they can't argue with someone that is correct.

You shouldn't listen to TNP, he claims to understand engineering and
physics but as you can see from this thread he is closed minded and will
fight his position long after it has been shown to be wrong, just like you.

You, TNP, and harry have that in common. I guess thats why you still
support brexit as you can't see the problems that it is producing and
will keep you "solutions" in your mind no matter how wrong they are
proven to be.