Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_18_] Danny D.[_18_] is offline

Default How to debug why my water pressure is zero after the tanks ran dry (and were refilled)?

Any suggestions for how to debug why a booster pump inside the pumphouse
won't turn back on to pressurize water for use inside the house?

The tanks ran dry because I had turned off the well pump at the circuit
breaker because the water tanks were overflowing because the Clorox bottle
switch setup inside broke a rope.

When I turned the well pump back on, the tanks filled with water (and I
repaired the broken rope) but the booster pump won't turn on.

So I have lots of water but near zero water pressure.

Any idea how to debug a non-working booster pump?

Here are more details for you to help me figure out the next step!

The pump stopped working when the water tanks ran dry:
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_water7.jpg
I don't see where the "thermal reset" might be:
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_water8.jpg
Inexplicably, the gauge shows about 64psi:
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_water14.jpg
I uncovered the relays which seem to be unbroken & unburnt:
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_water15.jpg
Outside, I fixed the "level indicator" (the cause of running dry):
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_water16.jpg
The pump indicates it has a thermal shutoff somewhere?
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_water17.jpg
The pressure tank seems to be pressurized (but there is no pressure):
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_water18.jpg
Luckily, there's electricity inside if I need it:
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_water19.jpg
At this point, the tanks are full of water - but no pressure!
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_water20.jpg