Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dan[_21_] Dan[_21_] is offline

Default Does anyone use ANSYS FEA?

On Saturday, March 10, 2018 at 8:20:53 AM UTC-8, Ed Huntress wrote:
Does anyone here use the (free) ANSYS Acadmeic/Student edition? I
down'oaded the sucker (almost 4GB) but I haven't installed it yet.

It's an industry standard for FEA, but I'm wary of installing that
monster if it's difficult or crippled.

--
Ed Huntress

After 30 some years I broke down and took a NASTAN/PATRAN class the company gives off hours. I just finished modeling a Al channel.

If you do big complex structures where one builds up plates and beams NASTRAN is a contender. Modeling small parts with a ton of contacts I would look elsewhere.

Dan