Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Conductor size for earthing SWA shield to TT system?

On 28/06/2018 22:02, wrote:

I've replaced an overhead supply to a shed with a buried SWA cable. The
shed has an earth spike so grounding the SWA at the (PME) head end is
only to protect the cable - where can I find a spec for the size of the
grounding wire that connects the SWA shield to the main earth?

Calculate the prospective fault current on the feed cable to the SWA,
then use the adiabatic equation to assess the minimum CSA for the earth
connection.

Details covered he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ub_main_design

--