Posted to alt.home.repair
carey carey is offline

Default what is the plaster like gunk that clogs my drainpipe?

replying to Ed Pawlowski, carey wrote:
I have soft water and do NOT send oil or grease down the sink with the
exception of leftover olive oil from a daily salad. We bake, but I minimize
the flour that goes down as well. Yet, the level 8" pipe from my garbage
disposal to sink drain pipe has been clogging up with the white junk... almost
solidly the whole length. This pipe drains to the U-pipe that comes up about
the same level to the final pipe drain at the wall... Meaning, the water may
not drain cleanly unless pushed along. I'm starting to guess it's the small
amounts of olive oil collecting over the months between cleanout. What else
could it be? I thought it was the flour, which may be the other part of the
gunk. Fortunately, this section is plastic/PVC pipe that is easily unscrewed
and cleaned (takes about 1/2 hour total since I take everything apart, clean,
and back together).

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...pe-296647-.htm