Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Does a tyre change its CIRCUMFERENCE when underinflated?

In article ,
NY wrote:
"Rob Morley" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Jun 2018 18:46:43 +0100
"NY" wrote:

My present Pug had a failed clutch actuator mechanism (**) - failed
in-gear as I was setting off at the head of a queue of traffic at
lights, so without the ability to disengage the clutch, the car was
stuck in gear and I was stuck blocking the junction.

Why could you not just knock it out of gear?

With all the cars I've ever owned, if you happen to stall the engine in
gear with the clutch up, the gear lever jams and is only released if
you press the clutch.

Just rock the car back and forth slightly while moving the gear lever. But
might be tricky on a hill.

--
*A cartoonist was found dead in his home. Details are sketchy.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.