Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default LED bulbs won't turn off in outdoor light/motion sensor base.

On 10/13/2017 7:32 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 03:14:02 GMT, Grammy
m wrote:

replying to Lynster, Grammy wrote:
Not according to a manufacturer that I called. While in Lowes, I found a
motion light that showed it could use LED lights. While there I called the
phone number on the fixture box. I asked what brand LED bulb they suggested.
He said, "Oh, we don't test them". He said anything should work.
Doesn't the government require testing of electrical products?
I become frightened when I have a conversation like that.

They have tested THEIR product - they don't have to test other
people's products, and could get into trouble for recommending one
brand over another. If their unit is designed to operate withe LEDs,
it should not make any difference what kind.

I get around the whole problem now by buying motion sensor lights
built with LEDs installed - then there is no compatability issue.

Until it's time to replace the LED.