Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default rechargeable small screwdriver

On 6/27/2018 7:09 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 17:05:55 -0400
Keith Nuttle wrote:

If by gave up you mean you could not find the batteries, the versapak
batteries are available on line at several sites and available at
Walmart for about $18

maybe the batteries are better now

they seemed to go dead very quickly

would not hold a charge for long enough and i think the prices were
much higher

but my memory of those is fuzzy so might be all wrong

As I said in my previous post, I have had me B&D versapak screwdriver
for many years. I do not use it daily. My use is sporadic, 15 to 20
minutes every couple of months. I have had two batteries in the about
20 years I have had it. I find that with my usage I need to recharge
the battery every 3 to 4 months.

I realize I am a light use, but that information may answer your
question about battery life and maintaining a charge

--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre