Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Bathroom ceiling toward the walls than in the middle

sphillips72 posted for all of us...

We recently re-tiled the shower surround in our guest bathroom. The bathroom
is a smaller bathroom, 5' deep and 8 feet long. Anyway while working on the
tile, I noticed that the ceiling seemed to be lower at each end of the
bathroom than it is in the middle. So I broke out my level and sure enough
there is almost an 1 1/2 inch to 2 inch difference between the edges of the
room to the center. It's almost like a dome shape, or upside down U. Almost
like it's crowning. There are no cracks in the drywall. What would cause this
to happen? What can be done to fix it. I'd prefer not to rip out the drywall
since there is blown insulation in the attic. Would the easiest solution be to
add furring strips to the high spots to bring it level with the lower ends and
add another sheet of drywall to make the surface level?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-1169559-.htm

Since you can get in the attic check there first. If no leaks or other
misfortunes it was probably not installed correctly. Do you have a ceiling
fan or light there? It may have pulled the drywall up... I would leave it
alone. If there are no problems you will eventually forget about it.

--
Tekkie