Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Does a tyre change its CIRCUMFERENCE when underinflated?

In article ,
NY wrote:
One car was a petrol and the other was a diesel, so only the petrol
would have had a throttle butterfly. I'd assumed that *all*
fuel-injected cars had an electrically-operated butterfly, with the ECU
generating a control signal that was partly determined by accelerator
position sensor but partly influenced by other considerations so as to
avoid over-fuelling the cylinders if there was any unburnt fuel coming
out of the exhaust. Maybe not at one time.

My early BMW E39 - 1997 - had a cable throttle. Later on in that model run
- about 2000 - it changed to drive by wire.

--
*How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.