Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Does a tyre change its CIRCUMFERENCE when underinflated?

In article ,
NY wrote:
Ah. I remember my first two fuel-injected cars in the 1990s had a big
rotary variable resistor under the bonnet, roughly where a carburettor
used to be, operated by a Bowden cable. I've just checked my present
car and I can't see any sign of something like that so they've stopped
doing it that way now.

Called a throttle position sensor (TPS). But it was the throttle butterfly
which was operated by the bowden cable - same as that on a carb. The pot
merely sending a signal to the ECU to give the butterfly position.

Most modern cars are 'drive by wire' with no throttle cable. So the ECU
knows what the throttle is doing without that pot.

--
*If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.