Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default Does a tyre change its CIRCUMFERENCE when underinflated?

In article , Andy Burns
writes
bert wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

I thought you have/had a Disco?
Surprising if such a relatively high centre of mass vehicle didn't
have stability control (or whatever LR call it)

Discos have been around for a long time.

I had a quick search and at least from Disco3 onwards they have a
steering angle sensor, I couldn't see anything either way about earlier
models.

1989 first introduced
From Wiki
Despite such features, the interior's basic structure was the same as
the Range Rover and virtually all the switchgear and instruments came
from other Rover Group cars such as the Maestro and Montego. Similarly,
the Discovery utilised several Range Rover body panels, as well as
headlights from the Freight Rover van and taillights from the Maestro
van. The latter would continue to bear the Austin Rover 'chevron' logo
on their lenses until production of the first generation Discovery ended
in 1998, ten years after Austin Rover ceased to exist.

The designers of the original model had been forced to economise and use
the "parts bin" of the then parent-company, Rover. The 200 series used
the basic body shell structure from the Range Rover, door handles from
the Morris Marina, tail lights from the Austin Maestro van, and interior
switchgear and instrumentation from Rover's surplus parts.

Doesn't sound like they would have anything so sophisticated as a
steering angle sensor.
--
bert