Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Does a tyre change its CIRCUMFERENCE when underinflated?

Chris Bartram wrote:
On 26/06/2018 13:43, Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Bartram wrote:

if you have a DSG-equipped VAG car, and it starts refusing to change
up gears

I'm on my second such car, but have not experienced that issue, the
reason for the last one going was that the gearbox was getting "fussy" ...

It *did* make me a bit nervous, but Tim Downie on here somewhere had had
the same. The Leon was approaching 140k when I sold it.

Yep, mIne gave me a fright when it stopped going up through the gears as it
should have. In the end though it wasnt a gearbox problem but a faulty
wheel speed sensor feeding the gearbox erroneous information. Oddly this
didnt show up on the normal computer scans. It was only when it came up as
a brake or ABS problem that the relationship became clear.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls