Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default New build house - garden waterlogging

Brian Gaff wrote

I think I'd be a little suspicious if my garden was waterlogged at
this point in time if in the Uk mainland, as there might be a major
water main leak nearby tand the house might float off any day!

We've just seen that in Grand Designs Australia : Clovelly House
They spent a vast amount of money, $100K or something, to
deal with what appeared to be a small spring on the property,
getting it piped to the storm water drain down the street.

And that had been done, someone notice water coming up thru
the road itself. Turned out to be just another cracked water main.

They actually had an alleged hydraulic engineer telling them how
to deal with the alleged spring. If it had been me I'd be shafting
him with the bill for the $100K of unnecessary work and making
him claim on his professional indemnity insurance for that.

"F" news@nowhere wrote in message
o.uk...
On 26/06/2018 18:44, Rachael wrote:
replying to Mike, Rachael wrote:
Hi mike not sure if your still around, but I have this exact problem.
Could
you please help

After 14 years.