Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Maplin meltdown

"pamela" wrote in message
On 00:43 26 Jun 2018, Fredxx wrote:

On 25/06/2018 22:32, Rod Speed wrote:

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
news On 25/06/2018 20:32, Rod Speed wrote:
alan_m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Ditto. Here they sell it for 10% less than you can
show them it is available from somewhere else for.

In the UK this tends not to work too well.

Corse it does.

No two competing stores will have the exact same item.

I dont buy that with appliances and tools
and stuff like that and that is the price of what
most care about, those higher priced items.

That is exactly where it happens.

For example, different chains will stock exactly the same
washing machine, but it will have one digit different in the
model number from those supplied to other chains. Each chain
only stocks their own model (despite them actually being the
same and from the same production line), so you cannot pull up
the same model number at another chain for a price match. It is
no use pointing out that the models are the same, despite the
different number, because they just deny that it is the same
model and refuse to price match.

Doesn't happen here with all the manufacturers I listed and I
have forced them to give me 10% off the best price I have found
plenty of times.

This group is uk.d-i-y

The group alt.home repair doesn't specify any country
and may be better suited to what Rod is looking for.

You're wrong, as always.