Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Does a tyre change its CIRCUMFERENCE when underinflated?

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Bartram wrote:

if you have a DSG-equipped VAG car, and it starts refusing to change up
gears

I'm on my second such car, but have not experienced that issue, the
reason for the last one going was that the gearbox was getting "fussy"

Did wonder what the expected life of these boxes is compared to a
conventional auto.

Was on a London single decker bus the other day that appeared to have an
SMG type auto, and that crunched when changing up into what I think was
third gear. Like you get with worn synchromesh.

--
*You know you're a redneck if your home has wheels and your car doesn't.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.