Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Does a tyre change its CIRCUMFERENCE when underinflated?

In article ,
Chris Bartram wrote:

Seems lots on here can't understand the concept of one wheel running at
different RPM from the others. Perhaps they only ever drive in a straight
line.

An interesting thing related to this: if you have a DSG-equipped VAG
car, and it starts refusing to change up gears (but will do it if you
use the lever to tell it to change up), it's an ABS sensor failing. It
generally won't trigger an fault code for a while. It's done that way so
it won't auto-change up half way around a corner, apparently.

http://www.piglet-net.net/pigblog/?p=2463

Interesting. Just got a car with a similar box which they call PDK (twin
clutch) And it is superb. At low speeds (as in round town) it just seems
to get into as high a gear as possible very quickly. Regardless if the
road is straight or not.

I'll have to take note when driving at higher speeds - although I'd expect
an ABS sensor throwing up irregular pulses to generate a fault code

--
* I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.