Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Does a tyre change its CIRCUMFERENCE when underinflated?

On 2018-06-25, Andy Burns wrote:
Huge wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

there isn't a single distance from the centre of the axle to all
parts of the tyre in contact with the road ... the average distance perhaps?

This is really, really simple. Why are you all making it so
complicated? (It's the *shortest* distance, obviously. Just draw a bloody
diagram.)

The diagram I linked to yesterday seems suitable

http://the-contact-patch.com/book/road/c2020-the-contact-patch#figure-ERr

Because it's wrong. In this context, the relevant dimension is O - Q. How
could it be otherwise? I'm afraid this seems so obvious to me that I cannot
find ways to explain it.

No, I accept that you simply dont have a scientific brain.

You are like te Afrikaaaner I spoke to ocne 'Black people don't have
souls' he said' It was as obvious to him as....this is to you.

--
The New Left are the people they warned you about.