Robert Schultz

Default Grooveless shower head pipe?

I had just installed a new shower head on the shower pipe.
I took one shower.
When I went back the next day, I went to adjust the shower head angle,
and the whole head came off in my hands.

Turns out it actually broke the tip of the pipe in the shower head
itself (about one quarter of an inch of pipe is inside the plastic
shower head).

Now the pipe only has like 1 or 2 grooves (instead of the original 4
or 5).

I could buy another shower head, and just screw it on the one or two
grooves, but there is no telling if it will fit right, or if it will
leak, or what.

Darn it, all I want to do is take a shower.
How can I get a shower head on this thing?
I really don't want to take apart the whole thing.

Is there some sort of adapter pipe I can attach to the pipe (not
needing grooves) that comes with grooves?
It's okay if it extends the length of the pipe an inch or two.

Or do they make shower heads that can attach to any old pipe, grooves
or no grooves?