Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mains powered circular saw for a left-hander

On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 13:36:51 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

On 20/06/2018 17:04, NY wrote:
"harry" wrote in message
Left handers (I am one)Â* have learned to manage in the mostly RH
world.

Though they have a good moan about it. I was with someone the other day
and we were walking up to a front door to ring the bell. Now doorbells
are usually on the opposite side to hinges, and hinges can be on either
side. I tend to use whichever hand is closer to ring the bell,
depending on which side of the frame the bell is. This guy, who was
left handed, had a good moan because the doorbell was on the right-hand
side and he'd have to use his left hand across his body. WTF didn't he
use his right hand: that's not a precision action that requires the
dominant hand.

Put a microswitch on the knocker in the middle so lefties and righties
can have a moan.

Our doorbell is in the middle of the door. Right below the brass plate
that says: "PLEASE USE THE BELL".

Some still knock only...