Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default You'd Pay $400 For This Table, Wouldn't You?

On 6/23/2018 1:30 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
My daughter is looking at buying this table. The seller wants $400.

It is rock solid, no wobble at all. It appears that the top has been replaced.

37" x 74"

The 3 drawers are all in good shape and slide easily.

The gap between the 2 sections that make up the top are not even but I can
see the plugs that hide the screws. I told my daughter that if she ever wants
to fix the gap, it would be easy to do.

What do you think?

Depends on how much she likes it and the style. It would not look so
good in my house and would not consider it for free in my new house.

The legs are worth quite a bit though, you won't find anything like that
for cheap.

I have a hard time putting a value on things like that. In the past new
weeks I've given away probably thousands of dollars in furniture,
appliances, accessories just so I don't have to move them.

Since she is moving out, I'd let the roommate try to sell it. My guess
is she won't get near the $400 asking, then offer her half that.