Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default OT royal mail postage stamp being reused

Some nut at the post office in a sw London town had a bit of a fit some
weeks ago and started sticking post paid stickers over the windows in our
reusable pouches even though they were Articles for the Blind free post. The
meant that the pouch was no longer reusable without a lot of work by our
volunteers getting the glue and bits of paper off the pouch so we could
remove the address label to turn it back to outgoing. I'm sure the person
meant well, covering up the slot where the label could be removed but had
not thought it through. Needless to say we had a moan as there were 12
pouches to clean and it took hours, Each pouch costs a fiver after all.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Fredxx" wrote in message
news
On 23/06/2018 19:31, john west wrote:
I had a stamp stuck on an envelope that was not Franked and so thought
had never been used. So i cut around it and stuck it to a new envelope
and posted it. but i got a note from the post office that i needed to go
in and pay extra.
As an experiment i used a stamp that i knew for sure had never been used
but had been stuck on an envelope. So i again cut around it and posted it
to myself and it arrived.

Does the post office have some way of detecting if a stamp had been used
through royal mail even though there is no visible sign of Frank Marks?

I thought they used UV spots over the stamp to cancel it.

Some time ago I reused a DVD case by putting a stamp on an inner sleeve,
which then could be wiped clean after every use!