Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default pharoah ants

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 08:49:19 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 6/22/2018 5:55 PM, wrote:
Just had the exterminator in for professional help with
pharoah ants just in the kitchen so far - 2 more visits
or more required.
Anyone with personal experience with these tiny pests -
in a home - not apartment or institutional building.
Tips / tricks do / don't do appreciated.
I have done some internet reading on them and realize
not to use spray insecticide.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharaoh_ant
John T.

No experience with them but did have an ant problem that went away when
we got a Termidor termite treatment. We did not have termites but a next
door neighbor did. His treatment eliminated the colony but they came
back in a few years and I was finding them in places a few feet from my
house. I was doing DYI stuff for years but decided for peace of mind to
get the perimeter treatment. It did the job on the ants too. We
continue with the Terminex inspection and insurance, again just for
peace of mind and we have never needed an exterminator to come and do
anything in the house.

Active ingredient is likely Fipronil -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fipronil

I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.