Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Mains powered circular saw for a left-hander

On 20/06/2018 12:17, jkn wrote:
Hi All
I am thinking of getting a circular saw (185mm) for a few jobs around the
place. I am plenty 'handy' enough but for woodworking have tended to stick to
hand tools for most of the things I need to do.

Apart from the fact that they are scary things, one other consideration for me
is that I am left handed, and have a small and somewhat 'malformed' right hand
(Poland's Syndrome, if anyone is interested).

This normally causes me no problems, but I am aware that tools like this are
increasingly ergonomically designed for the majority right-handed folk. My right
hand has less strength than my left and sometimes it is awkward for me to
'hold a handle and press a button' with it at the same time - stuff like that.

Are there any left-handers here who can offer opinions about designs that are
better suited (or less ill-suited) to the sinister amongst us?

FWIW I was thinking of the Evolution Rage saw, which I have seen get good press
here.

Thanks
J^n

Looking on amazon the mains ones have the handle and motor on the
opposite side to the battery ones so maybe you should by a cordless one?

Or maybe a table saw for ripping stuff and a sliding mitre saw for cross
cutting?