Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Splitting Pills

On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 18:39:55 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

On 18/06/2018 12:44, AnthonyL wrote:

A few years ago I mentioned to a couple of friends that I took low
dosage aspirin by breaking up a 300mg tablet into 4 or 5. They both
immediately looked at me in horror - one was a Chemist, the other was
a medical Doctor. They explained that there was no way of knowing the
the medical dose was evenly spread across the aspirin which contained
other elements to help with binding and stomach protection etc.

I then resolved to dissolve the aspirin and use a small portion of
that each day.

hth

That's not a good idea.
Asprin tablets have an enteric coating on them to stop them dissolving
in the stomach where they can cause problems.
Just buy the 75mg ones intended for daily doses to thin the blood a bit.

What? Even soluble/dispersible aspirin? How does that work?

--
AnthonyL