Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Glyphosate and neighbours

On 22/06/2018 18:35, ARW wrote:
On 21/06/2018 21:26, Martin Brown wrote:
On 21/06/2018 18:37, ARW wrote:
On 21/06/2018 18:12, Scott wrote:

It's a mutual garden where no-one shows much enthusiasm for gardening.

Using weedkiller is DIY gardening.

Just dropped 25 litres of the stuff on the roots of a tree in a
neighbours garden.

What a waste! Glyphosate is rapidly adsorbed by clay in soil and has
to hit green plant material to cause any significant damage.

Holly, ivy and buttercups seem to shrug it off too.

TBH I never looked at was in the weedkiller. I know that it killed a
16ft conifer in a year just by pouring it on or around the roots. Well
dead enough just that they had to cut it down.

Doesn't that sound more like SBK?

---