Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Glyphosate and neighbours

On 22/06/2018 19:12, Jim K wrote:
S Viemeister Wrote in message:
On 6/22/2018 6:41 PM, Jim K wrote:
Martin Brown Wrote in message:

Holly, ivy and buttercups seem to shrug it off too.

Keep at them they will succumb ;-)

A drop of washing-up liquid will help. Those leaves have a waxy surface,
the detergent helps the glyphosate to make contact with the leaf surface.

I thought most brands had the evil adjuvants & surfactants already
in but I will have a trial next time.

They do. In fact the surfactants in commercial formulations are way more
dangerous than the active ingredient. But the fact remains that holly
and ivy waxy coats can resist them comfortably. I am told that cacti can
as well but I have never been brave enough to try it on any of mine.

I can believe that cutting the mix with paraffin might work.
ISTR SBK does a bit better against the awkward squad.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown