Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Maplin meltdown

On 22/06/18 22:16, alan_m wrote:
On 22/06/2018 21:33, Cursitor Doom wrote:

What with one store or another going to the wall it's beginning to look
an awful lot like a recession.

Or so many businesses getting too out of touch with what the customer
wants.

People still buy food, cloths, white goods etc. but many do not still
use the shops they may have done 10 years ago.

Today, I've sat in front of my computer and ordered goods on-line from 6
different retailers.

Exactly. I built up my Nikon camera kit from secondhand camera stores.
Since then I went digital with a body bought on ebay and lenses bought
online from amazon.

Only thiunjgs I buy in town are medicines from Boots, food from waitrose
and the local butchers and the other day some jeans from M & S, *after
trying them on*

Building materials and tools are on the industrial estates.

I never buy electronics from stores - always online.

let them."