Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Deep thread milling ?

On 6/22/2018 6:37 PM, Howard Beel wrote:
"Bob La Londe" wrote in
message news Deep (50.8mm) threading M36-4.Â* What's your first choice to do the job.
Can't be turned.Â* Can be milled.

I have some tiny little micro boring bars I use for deep thread milling
small threads, but a 4mm pitch needs a huge tooth... and of course the
reach to do the job.

Not my project.Â* Operator would prefer some form of thread milling. The
work piece was not described.

That project is going to require some pricey tooling.

Best Regards
Tom.

Nope. They machined a boring bar and brazed a threading insert onto it.
The job was done hours ago. Home made thread mill.