Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default pharoah ants

On 06/22/2018 04:02 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 15:11:52 -0700, T wrote:

On 06/22/2018 02:55 PM,
wrote:
Just had the exterminator in for professional help with
pharoah ants just in the kitchen so far - 2 more visits
or more required.
Anyone with personal experience with these tiny pests -
in a home - not apartment or institutional building.
Tips / tricks do / don't do appreciated.
I have done some internet reading on them and realize
not to use spray insecticide.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharaoh_ant
John T.

Laboratory Evaluation of a Boric Acid Liquid Bait on Colonies of
Tapinoma melanocephalum Argentine Ants and Pharaoh Ants (Hymenoptera:
Formicidae)

https://academic.oup.com/jee/article...dFrom=fulltext

I believe the bait was ground liver.

Thanks.
Your link has the abstract - I'd need to pay to see the study, and
then I probably wouldn't understand the scientific lingo ..
But it did remind me google the 2 products that the exterminator used
- I found some additional info on those web sites :

http://www.syngentapmp.com/product/o...e?tab=overview

https://bayeres.ca/maxforcequantum/

Here's one that google found that uses boric acid :
http://integratedpestsupplies.com/wp...stic-Label.pdf

I assumed the professional product would be restricted - but I think I
can get some and do the treatments myself after the 2 additional
visits by the exterminator. if necessary.

John T.

The main draw of boric acid is that it is not toxic.
It dehydrates the buggers (roaches included) and doesn't
poison them, so they can not get tolerant of it.