Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Default Maplin meltdown

On Friday, June 22, 2018 at 2:34:31 PM UTC+1, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Yes that was stupid - all the stores did that. Who the hell wants
to buy a bag of 200 8.2 ohm resistors.

I buy resistors by the hundred.

So do I, but 8.2 ohms is not a value I use much. I appear to
have used one in the last ~45 years, given I have 9 in stock.

Rapid were selling the 0.6w metal oxide

These came from Rapid, ~45 years ago - an E12 set of 10 each
value which primed my stock of resistors, instead of rummaging
around my dad's biscuit tin with random resistors from valve
amps. I still have a few values where I still have the original
Rapid ones, but mostly not.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Same here! Except in my case it was more like 35 years ago...

J^n