Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Soldering chromed pipe

wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 July 2008 13:48:37 UTC+1, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Anyone tried soldering chromed pipe?
Looking to make a join with an endfeed fitting rather than a bulky
chrome compression fitting, which I might try painting silver afterwards.
I presume you have to strip the chrome to do the soldering, but does
the heat wreck the chrome further back up the pipe? (I don't have a
piece to hand to try it on, or I'd answer my own question.)

--
Andrew Gabriel

All fair points but the ones I used were a similar size to Yorkshire fittings.
not sure about the lifespan but after ten years (shower install) they seem to be OK.
Techtite make no mention of a lifespan but I'm strictly an amateur so
only speaking of one experience, maybe ignorance is bliss?
The post is as you say 10yrs old (I didn't notice that) so it's a moot ponit now.

Youd make a lot more sense if you learned to quote what youre replying
too rather than a 10 year old post (like Ive just done).

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls