Posted to rec.woodworking
TrailerGuy TrailerGuy is offline

Default Siphon-feed spray gun won't siphon

replying to Sonny, TrailerGuy wrote:
I had this same problem and came here to see if it had an answer. None of the
above helped me but I just fixed it! Beteewn the nozzle and the body is a
flat, soft, plastic washer with lots of holes to allow the air through. When
the retaining ring is screwd on there is meant to be a perfect deal. As the
plastic washer had become less flexible the seal was not happening because the
there was too big a gap. I filed back the surround to the nozzle so that it
seats on the base and now the washer seals it up perfectly. I'd include a
photo, but how?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...on-504887-.htm