Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Face Shield on Amazon on sale

On Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 9:45:41 AM UTC-5, Doug Miller wrote:

I point this out every three or four years... guess it's time again: There are other things on your
face besides your eyes that need protection. Goggles and safety glasses won't protect your
nose or your teeth.

It's probably been twenty years since I've worn goggles or safety glasses in my shop. The
face shield is so easy. So comfortable. Slips right over my prescription glasses. Doesn't fog.
And has occasionally intercepted something headed straight for my mouth.

I agree. I started wearing a face shield when using a chipping hammer, but went to goggle because they are easier to keep up with. Back to face shields when I am turning on the lathe. Many years ago I got a nice little goose egg in the middle of my forehead when a heavily spalted piece of punky pecan blew apart and smacked me in the head.

Since then, the face shield has stopped an awful lot of flying debris from the lathe!

Robert