Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Idea for gutter cleaning, what do you think?

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 10:06:41 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

Gutter cleaning is one of those pain in the butt problems I haven't solved.

I have gutter guards, they help a little but make it harder when I do clean. And cleaning is made harder by the long nails that insert into the house every few feet.

A robot that continuously made the rounds would be nice, but I haven't found one that can fit under the nails.

Well, a few minutes ago I had a brainstorm. What if I took my gutters down and put them back up hinged at the bottom edge?

Whenever I needed to clean, I'd just unhook them and let them pivot down. With the opening facing out and a little down, a quick blast with the hose would clean them out.

Each year I get older I have less tolerance for going up on the ladder.

Sounds like you have a plan. But don't you need a ladder to tilt the
gutter?