Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Recessed Ceiling Lights in Plasterboard

On 21/06/2018 09:21, DerbyBorn wrote:
I have just had to remove a recessed (Halers LED) lamp for the first time.
I was shocked by how strong the springs were that held it in the ceiling.
Some damage occured. It struck me that removing them a few times will lead
to damage. Are they all a bit too strong? Am I missing a technique? Why are
they so strong?

It could be that the hole is a few mm under sized.

Was there not a thread here not so long ago from F about repairing or
protecting the holes?

As for tips to get them down without damage it has IMHO to be one side
slowly first until the clip is half way down followed by the other clip.

--
Adam