Posted to uk.d-i-y
FMurtz FMurtz is offline

Default Recessed Ceiling Lights in Plasterboard

Robin wrote:
On 21/06/2018 09:21, DerbyBorn wrote:
I have just had to remove a recessed (Halers LED) lamp for the first
time.
I was shocked by how strong the springs were that held it in the ceiling.
Some damage occured. It struck me that removing them a few times will
lead
to damage. Are they all a bit too strong? Am I missing a technique?

I've only done a few but FWLIW I'm working my way through the
suggestions he

https://www.theiet.org/forums/forum/...threadid=52501

So far the springs are winning - especially where "fire rated"

Why are
they so strong?

My current theory is that the plasterers' guild have got at several
downlight manufacturers

They are easier to remove if the hole is not so snug