Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Recessed Ceiling Lights in Plasterboard

On 21/06/2018 09:21, DerbyBorn wrote:
I have just had to remove a recessed (Halers LED) lamp for the first time.
I was shocked by how strong the springs were that held it in the ceiling.
Some damage occured. It struck me that removing them a few times will lead
to damage. Are they all a bit too strong? Am I missing a technique?

I've only done a few but FWLIW I'm working my way through the
suggestions he

https://www.theiet.org/forums/forum/...threadid=52501

So far the springs are winning - especially where "fire rated"

Why are
they so strong?

My current theory is that the plasterers' guild have got at several
downlight manufacturers

--
Robin