Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Mains powered circular saw for a left-hander

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 00:18:56 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Depends on which side of it you are standing!

I recall a thicknesser which blew chips out the back -- where I stood to take
out the wood, occasionally as a helper. Anywhere in back was "not the right
side" -- and anwhere in front meant less sting, but just the same airborne
dust...

Here, like this -- the funnel and tube are a retrofit. Originally there was just
a rectangular hole, with a good view of the spinning blades:

https://goo.gl/images/3k5vF2

Good solid machine, but two straight blades that were removed, ground, and had
to be reset to the correct height by hand, and then stoned.

Thomas Prufer