Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Mains powered circular saw for a left-hander

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
Odd really, when in many cases the fixed power tool can be more
dangerous as it leave both hands free to move close to the blade. A
hand-held circular saw need at least one hand on the main handle safely
out of the way. (and probably two if its a bigger saw)

When I'm cutting things on my sliding saw, they are clamped down. Only one
hand needed to operate it - and that's on the handle, well away from the
blade.

I was thinking more table saw rather than SCMS...

(oddly my SCMS is actually slightly biased for right hand use, because
the lever which unlocks the blade guard is naturally lifted when a right
hand grips the main handle, but less so when a left hand does (you need
to remember to lift the tips of the fingers slightly) )

--
Cheers,

John.